Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 CRV that the oil pan was smashed into oil pick up and ruined the VVT solenoids by clogging with debris.
.The mechanic was able to bang out the oil pan and replace the solenoids. Now there is debris in the oil and I assume the Vtec is getting clogged. It throws the timing off and will not run or start properly.
Mechanic says there is nothing he can do. He says the debris is from something that got ground down during oil starvation. Engine runs fine and does not make any unusual noises. Does it need a full rebuild? Any way to successfully flush it out?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I definitely would recommend doing a flush, there is a product I believe that cleans the system.
Otherwise watch this video, replace what he's replacing.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
The debris is going to be carbon build up if anything.

Dont replace parts like this guy is saying, you said they were replaced already. And that guy in the video is a goofball, not exactly someone that should be being recommended as an expert on anything.

Take them off and see if there is debris in the screens.

If so figure out what it is, black is carbon, shiny is metal.

Actual likely problem is oil pump being damaged from being oil starved or pick up working correctly if your mechanic didnt replace it like he should have. Both cases mean low oil pressure which will cause the vtec not to work. So that's what actually needs fixed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts