Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everone, just hoping to hear what you think about this...... but just a quick background of my CRV first:
I bought this 2007 model 5 months ago with 112K kms on it. it was driving pretty good and felt reliable i even brought it to a random mechanic to just get a "new buyer check" and was told it was kept well and was looked after properly si happy days......but
after about 4 months of using it, my clutch pressure went soft and cant properly shift the gears....brought to my mechanic driving only on 3rd gear, he cheked it and we saw the reservoir is on Max level and was told it has air on the lines- so he bled the lines, then after 1DAY it recurred so i brought it back and my mechanic REPLACED NEW original Master and Slave Cylinder. then after another 2 days the clutch pressure went soft again but when i arrived at the mechanic it was all ok again so i left and was told to come back anytime the prob returns.....now after around 1 month of using it daily (about 600kms per week) the pressure went soft again, so i checked the reservoir and its below minimum, so i filled it up to max, pumped the clutch pedal few times and saw it went down between max and min, i checked inside where the clutch pedal is located, no noticeable leaks on my carpet/inside the car.....used it for 5 days with no clutch problems and i check the reservoir level everyday and it stayed where i filled it up to (a bit under max) then today the pressure went soft again so when i got home i checked the reservoir and it was just a hair below minimum. i filled it up then pupmed the clutch pedal few times and this time it stayed where i filled it up to. but when I checked underneath the car, i saw what seems to be a quite fresh oily leak just under the driver side. (Australia=right hand drive).

note: when i had it fully checked after 2 days of buying it, the car's underside have NO noticeable leaks underneath, anywhere.

thanks for your time and hope to hear from you guys soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
There is definitely a leak somewhere as this is brake fluid on the floor. Be careful as brake fluid will eat through paint. Check all the brake fluid lines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks..will definitely have a look at it...do you mean the lines connecting the Clutch reservoir to the Master and/or slave cylinder?

·
Everything in Moderation
7,908 Posts
Suspect the leakage to be at the master cylinder plate, the one held on by three bolts. We had this on TWO aftermarket cylinders. :mad:

The fluid seeps out of the bottom of the plate, then down the firewall where you cannot see it.

(On my clutch master, the picture shows what happens when the bolt-heads break off; but on the first premature failure I had, the fluid just seeped out of the joint.)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts