Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 4WD CRV. I am finding the clutch has become hard to press down. Honda replaced the master cylinder, but that made no difference. Now they tell me the clutches can tighten with age in CRVs, and suggest, but don't promise, that a new slave cylinder may help. They can't guarantee that replacing the entire clutch system would make a difference. Huh? Don't clutches loosen with age? Can't they be adjusted? If I were to replace the entire system, why wouldn't it operate effectively? Help!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Was anything done before this happened? Except the master cylinder. How is the clutch does it engage normally? I mean does it engage when releasing it , will it engage half way from the bottom to the point of lifting your foot from the pedal? I will check my service manual for specs on the clutch. I will let you know what i find. Normally hydraulic clutches adjust themselves. Some clutches loosen with age but some will stiffen when the clutch wears out. Usually it stiffens. How is the condition of the fluid? If you replace the entire system it should work like new, unless if they screwed it up. How does the gears shift? What's your Odometer reading? Let me know.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Try flushing the fluid through the whole system. I've worked on a issue similar to this when the clutch was way too soft and didn't come back right away. We flushed it by vacuuming the fluid while filling it at the top. Try it but make sure fluid goes all the way through and there is as little air as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts