Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Bought a late 2009 ictdi CRV.

It's only done 55000 miles, and I was expecting some trouble free motoring however, I have noticed the clutch pedal is a lot higher than the brake pedal, there's no clutch slip but I know from other cars this is normally a sign of excessive clutch wear?

Secondly, the turbo is quite vocal, it sound like a whistle, it gets louder as it spools up? Gets better when the car warms up but it's still there?

Finally I can hear a kind of grinding noise when reversing?

Any advice would be appreciated as I have no choice but to keep this car, I would rather sort these issues out now before they get worse or before I break down.

If some of you guys could point me in the right direction plus give me some tips into what needs checking would be great.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I'm not so sure if the clutch is adjustable. Double check it , as it could be adjustable. I would suggest to check the condition of the tranny fluid if its still good. Do you always get grinding when going into reverse? Try this, depress the clutch 2x before going to reverse gear see if it does not grind.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Turbo sounds fine all of the ictdi engines do this its perfectly normal. Clutch pedal does sit higher than the brake pedal but the icdti does like to lunch clutches plenty of info just google it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts