Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I purchased a brand new 'black edition' CR-V in march and after just over 5000 miles there was a smell of burning clutch. I took the car back to Honda Perth who took the car in and supplied me with a Jazz to run about in. They contacted me and told me my clutch was the problem and they would be sending the details plus photo to Honda. Honda replied saying the could not cover the damage as it was driver caused??????. The car had not be towing anything and just driven as a normal vehicle. I told Perth Honda in no way could I understand what had happened with only just over 5000 miles on the clock and no towing or any heavy work undertaken by the vehicle. The Perth Honda has now just informed me that the car also needs a new fly wheel which has to be despatched from Japan and the car will not be fixed until later on in August. Something is just not right here, a new car from March to July with just over 5000 miles needs a new clutch and flywheel. I saved to buy this car and it came with a high pedigree and users liked and assured me it was reliable and came from a respected name(Honda). Well, Honda refused to accept any responsibility initially but finally agreed to supply the parts but Perth Honda are looking to me to pay the labour. I feel as I have done absolutely nothing wrong I should not be asked to pay a penny for this problem. The reason for this Post is to see if and other member has had or been in this situation? and is there anyone out there that can help me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.