Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like suggestions on Clutch Replacement on my vehicle...Current Mileage 27000km and have only had a recon done on the alternator.
What do I expect to pay for such a repair and where should I go?

Any suggestions/comments will be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Google search sets the price at between $1000 and $1500, including parts and labor.

I am looking for clutch replacement recommendations as well. I was looking to buy from Rock Auto. They have several brands of clutch kits. What have you guys had good luck with?

Brands I'm seeing on Rock Auto:
M-Pact (2 levels - regular and high torque)
Brute
Platinum Drive
Exedy (which I believe is OEM?)
Luk
Sachs
Valeo
Beck/Arnley
AMS (3 different performance packages)

I was leaning towards the AMS 200 series performance plus (it just sounds fun, tough and long lasting).

Hopefully my post isn't a hijack, but rather a compliment to the original poster's question. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I forgot to add, my CRV is a 1st gen, 1998. Different gen than PietKawa's, but I was looking to see if maybe one model of clutch stood the test of time for you guys. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,780 Posts
The 2.2 diesel has a dual mass flywheel. It's very expensive to replace but when they let go the car won't be going anywhere until repaired

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oops! Then I did hijack your thread...sorry about that :) Please continue with your regularly scheduled program :)

(side note: man, I wish I could get a diesel motor for my CRV <3 so jealous!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts