Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Honda CR-V Touring issue:
Error U3000-49 "Multipurpose Camera Unit Internal Electronic Failure"

Everything seems to work fine with LKA, and no errors on dash, but Safelite refuses to replace my cracked windshield because this error comes up in their diagnostic tool when plugged into my vehicle.

They say because of the error, they won't be able to properly re-calibrate the camera after the new windshield is installed.

They say I have to take it to the dealership before they will touch it. The vehicle has 59000 miles and I have had it 5 years, so I doubt this is something warranteed. (and it works fine)

Any insight appreciated. I can borrow a tool that plugs into the vehicle, if you think this is something I can just reset. (or if removing battery cable might do same?)

Thanks for your advice, before I call dealership to schedule a service call. (and potentially get billed hundreds for something that may not be needed?)

Mike

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plugged an old device I bought years ago in last night, which let me reset 2 codes from my cell phone. Then I went into the service menu in the heads up display and also reset 2 codes in there.

They said they can do it now, when I went back today. The windshield that came in today had a big scratch, so i'm going back again in the morning. (This will be their 4th windshield for this. ha The first 2 were not for touring, third was scratched)
Thanks,
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts