Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my CRV 2009, when I driving and I stop (one time or two at day) the car shutdown and I have to start one againt. I scanner the ECU, and give me the error code P0685. Please help me!

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
I have a problem with my CRV 2009, when I driving and I stop (one time or two at day) the car shutdown and I have to start one againt. I scanner the ECU, and give me the error code P0685. Please help me!
Sounds like the code does point to your reported symptoms.

This link explains the particular code, which is a standard OBD-II code. Skip past all the mechanics sales pitch and read the explanation farther down the page. https://www.yourmechanic.com/articl...relay-circuit-malfunction-by-valerie-johnston

Forum members are pretty good about providing troubleshooting advice.. so be patient for other forum members to get a chance to read and who may be able to give you CRV specific advice.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Simply put, Google the code. Answers everything you need to know. This is an ECU power problem so best to take it to a mechanic as a mistake can cost you the ECM.

Basically the code is for power loss to some part of the computer. If the engine didn't run then could be a fuse it the ECM. Intermittent could be a relay or a bad connection at one of several locations. And power loss doesn't just mean power in, can be caused by bad ground as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts