Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing, new here, so hello!
Also new to Honda's, owned nothing but GMs before.

98 crv rt awd 4cyl 200,000+

Started with it running like it's in limp mode. It got parked for 3 months and turned into crank no spark.
Took off cap and no spark from coil.
Did full tune up, cap, rotor, coil, plugs, wires.
Starts up and runs flawlessly
Now I have code p1382
No signal from cyl position sensor (inside dizzy)
Tried cleaning contacts but wiring in there was gross so I just put a new dizzy on.
Starts, runs, drives flawless.
Throws same code imediate upon start up and comes right back after cleared.
Tried swapping ecu from a 01 I also have and it drove like in limp mode and kept throwing 02 sensor fault codes.
But didnt pick up p1382
Thats what makes me think its ecu and not wiring problem.
Any ideas would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Where are those scrapyards? I am a bit south west of you in Franklin County, not terribly far if I need one of them. I know where one around here has four gen 1 with nothing I needed, yet

·
Registered
'98 EX AWD
348 Posts
Where are those scrapyards? I am a bit south west of you in Franklin County, not terribly far if I need one of them. I know where one around here has four gen 1 with nothing I needed, yet
My wife is from that area, so we get up there from time to time.

https://www.prospectusedautoparts.com/ is the name of the place I went to, so it's not far from you. What are you looking for? All the distributors/clocks/throttle bodies are gone. Although the one did have really nice camper seats in it, clean as well. I was debating getting them but both my CRV's have them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My wife is from that area, so we get up there from time to time.

https://www.prospectusedautoparts.com/ is the name of the place I went to, so it's not far from you. What are you looking for? All the distributors/clocks/throttle bodies are gone. Although the one did have really nice camper seats in it, clean as well. I was debating getting them but both my CRV's have them.
At present nothing looked for, just be nice to have a clue where to look, thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where are you located? Around me there's a scrapyard with 5 first gen CRV's sitting in it right now.
Cleveland, ohio
Ive since swapped the ecu from a 99 apearing to have all the same options. All it does is drive rough and throw a knock sensor code.
Anyone know where to buy a knock sensor? No local parts stores list them.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Why did you swap the computer???? You cant just suff random ones in there and expect it to fix it.

Original code told you exactly what was wrong, replace that part out of the distributor. Very well recorded around here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts