Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV 2.2 I-ctdi EX AWD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to the forum and to the car, I recently got the EML light on my car and had code P2004 'intake manifold runner control stuck open bank 1a' I cleared the code and hasn't come back since, I was wondering is this just a posh way of saying swirl flaps and can they be deleted/mapped out like they can with most other cars?

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yes, please tell us the year, trim level, and your location in all posts with issues. Or, you could go to your Account Settings/Signature and enter the information there, and it would always then be there on your every post, just like mine below.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Cleared and not back on is a good thing. Did you happen to see any freeze frame data so you could recreate incident when code set ? Also try and find criteria needed to set that code. Like must see (?? ) for a certain time or multiple times.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No didn't see any freeze frame data, there was no light when turning the car off at the end of the day then it appeared on startup the following day, not come back since, on previous cars such as Saab I have had swirl flaps deleted with a remap and removed them and blanked them off, is this a similar thing?

·
Not-a-Mechanic
2011 CR-V 4WD EX
529 Posts
This sounds like TDI stuff, which I am framiliar from the VW world. On those cars you can map out the EGR (this may be similar) by using basic settings and entering a different value. On the vw tdi yo change 32768 to 33768. No idea if this applies to a Honda TDI, should be similar. But if the light doesn't come back, I'd leave it alone. It was more applicable before the introduction of ULSD.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The code came back yesterday but only after alternator failure which also brought on all other lights, could it be related? Same as when low power causes abs and traction control lights to come on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts