Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 44 of 44 Posts
I wish these fixes worked for me. I spent the weekend changing both the VTEC module (with sensor and switch) and cleaning the VTC strainer screen. I changed the oil, reset the codes, and drove the car around for 45 minutes without issue. My wife returned from her trip to drive the car to work and the CEL, VSA, and Warning lights all went back on again. Are there any other possibilities for triggering a P2646 and VSA 18-1 code? I'm ready to send her CR-V off to the giant H in the sky.

Same here, I changed the VTC solenoid 5x. Cleaned strainer and VTC valve assembly. Everything was clean. I was using Mobile 1 5w-20 and did run it low before the VSA light came on. Changed the oil and then went to semi-synthetic. Still throwing the code. I did try the Duralast from Autozone which worked but after 20 miles the light came back.

Hello. Well I had the same code pop up on my 2008 CR-V, but a couple of days later the check engine, VSA, and exclamation point (not tire pressure) turned off. I noticed oil went to 70% life, gas mileage was horrible, the rpm wouldn't go above 2300, and it didn't have the get up and go. Since all the lights disappeared should I bother having anything done to it? I just purchased the car 45 days ago maybe just an oil change? Any suggestions please and thank you.:)

The 2007 that I just bought threw these codes the day after I bought it. Not good. After I followed the solution on this post the issue is solved and only cost my time. It wasn't fun reach the back side of the engine but it is good. The screen was certainly nasty looking. I think it had Penzoil in it. Changed to Valvoline synthetic oil and a Wix filter and hoping that it will be good now.
Believe it or not the same thing happened to me and all I did was replace the original gas cap. It even accelerates better. (This was after replacing the vtec solenoid and the oil pressure switch myself)

Hello. Well I had the same code pop up on my 2008 CR-V, but a couple of days later the check engine, VSA, and exclamation point (not tire pressure) turned off. I noticed oil went to 70% life, gas mileage was horrible, the rpm wouldn't go above 2300, and it didn't have the get up and go. Since all the lights disappeared should I bother having anything done to it? I just purchased the car 45 days ago maybe just an oil change? Any suggestions please and thank you.:)
I replaced the entire vtec solenoid and the oil pressure switch and lights kept coming on intermittently. Finally I replaced the original gas cap and now it runs great.

Guys you Rock!

Last Sunday I was driving my CRV 2006 EX and suddenly engine light and VSA and exclamation light all popped up. Car started to drive rough, RPM went crazy. I took CRV to Boch Honda in Norwood, MA. They run diagnostic and stated oil pressure switch failed. It cost me $520.00 and 3 hours of wait time.
Guys, you rock if you could fixed oil pressure switch by yourself!!!
$520$? The part is $30-$40 and takes 10 mins to change. Yikes!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.