Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 1997 Honda CRV and after much reading there is not much out there to lift these things

However, I have found the coil springs on Camel 4X4 for $260, but I would rather not invest that much money into this car.

After tons of research I have found that most people will build their own coil spring spacers, and I think these look very similar.

So would these work?

afc-20192_w.jpg

AAF-ALL56119.jpg

Link,
http://www.summitracing.com/search/Department/Chassis-Suspension/Part-Type/Coil-Spring-Spacers/Universal/Yes/

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So since I need to replace the front struts I have decided to just install the lift coils from camel 4x4 while I have everything torn apart.

But there just has to be a cheaper way.. I saw posts about people installing 10 inch coils( don't quote me on the length) to achieve the lift they wanted, anyone have info on something like this

·
Registered
185 Posts
Don't be cheap when it comes to something that has to do with safety. And ............GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
ball joints get trashed when running with spacer lifts. your suspension will be fully drooped all of the time putting extra wear on the BJs and they're the first to go. you'll be replacing them quote often.

there's not a big market for mass producing lift kits for these cars. it's hard to find anything "bolt on" to properly lift your car. if you have deep pockets, go custom and get a reputable shop to fab you some suspension components.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ball joints get trashed when running with spacer lifts. your suspension will be fully drooped all of the time putting extra wear on the BJs and they're the first to go. you'll be replacing them quote often.

there's not a big market for mass producing lift kits for these cars. it's hard to find anything "bolt on" to properly lift your car. if you have deep pockets, go custom and get a reputable shop to fab you some suspension components.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts