Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes looking to put coilovers on my crv...i feel all the suspension is pretty shot....my question is what's a good coilover to use and what else would you upgrade while you are doing that install...i want a smooth ride...going to make this my traveling car and hopefully my forever car...any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
New here but came across your thread. If you like the car and plan on keeping it/ keeping a nice ride, dont cheap out on the coil overs. I went with Function and Form type 1's which are middle of the road ($650 new). I've had a bunch of friends who put them in their civics and nobody had anything bad to say about them. About 6 months after I installed them, my R/F mount bushing was completely shot. I replaced the bushing and figured everything was good from there. About 3 months later my R/F strut was completely blown out. Since they were still under warranty I fought back and forth w their customer service reps and got nowhere with them. Basically, I ended up buying another shock and will be giving it another shot. Good luck with the project. Also, when you lower make sure you either buy adjustable front upper control arms or shave down the control arms that are on the V. They WILL get jammed in the strut tower.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply... I went with yokana coils been on the car for a cpl weeks paid little under 500 for them....heard they where decent so went with them... tru harts doing the chambering front and rear

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey I'm not sure if you guys are interested or not but I just put this lip on last weekend and it definitely makes the front look lower. Since I am also running 17's I really can't go much lower. I already run sometimes 😂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts