Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone!

I have a 2012 CR-V which is my daily driver. I am planning to lower it a little for some added aggressive look but can't decide which one to go. I'm stuck with whether should I go with the spring or the full set of coil overs. I'm hoping someone could give me more informative tips pros and cons, to do and not to do and more. I'm not really a speed junky or racetrack guy, I just want to lower my CRV for my daily drive and mainly for looks but at the same time I don't want to sacrifice the ride comfort and handling. They say spring is cheaper non adjustable but in the long run will ruin the old suspension (since I'm gonna use my old suspension). On the other hand, coil overs, they say its stiffer, rough ride (some says it not) and its pricy. I know this is not new topic in this group, but I couldn't find any source for my question. Also, for cargo stuff, my trunk is most of the time empty, very seldom I carry heavy stuff in it. I have a current stock rims 18" with 235/60/r18 tires. Im planning to change it with same size rims but will have series 40 or 45 instead of the stock 60.

thanks a million!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi everyone!
192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1
I have a 2012 CR-V which is my daily driver. I am planning to lower it a little for some added aggressive look but can't decide which one to go. I'm stuck with whether should I go with the spring or the full set of coil overs. I'm hoping someone could give me more informative tips pros and cons, to do and not to do and more. I'm not really a speed junky or racetrack guy, I just want to lower my CRV for my daily drive and mainly for looks but at the same time I don't want to sacrifice the ride comfort and handling. They say spring is cheaper non adjustable but in the long run will ruin the old suspension (since I'm gonna use my old suspension). On the other hand, coil overs, they say its stiffer, rough ride (some says it not) and its pricy. I know this is not new topic in this group, but I couldn't find any source for my question. Also, for cargo stuff, my trunk is most of the time empty, very seldom I carry heavy stuff in it. I have a current stock rims 18" with 235/60/r18 tires. Im planning to change it with same size rims but will have series 40 or 45 instead of the stock 60.

thanks a million!
In general this is a similar situation for mine
I bought my baby brand new in 2012, and she’s always had a weird sound when she starts up after sitting. It gets increasingly louder in winter. I’ve taken it to Honda multiple times about it, and they have said to me each and every time “it’s just a Honda thing”.
Don’t get me wrong, I love my CRV!! I just wish it didn’t make that sound because it’s low key embarrassingly loud.

·
Banned
2,510 Posts
In general this is a similar situation for mine
I bought my baby brand new in 2012, and she’s always had a weird sound when she starts up after sitting. It gets increasingly louder in winter. I’ve taken it to Honda multiple times about it, and they have said to me each and every time “it’s just a Honda thing”.
Don’t get me wrong, I love my CRV!! I just wish it didn’t make that sound because it’s low key embarrassingly loud.
Curious as what your reply has to do with the OP's questions about lowering springs or coil-overs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts