Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had the same thing happen on my 2011 EXL. I tried this and it worked! I think it might reset the climate control. Anyway, no new parts or tearing anything apart...
Hi,
I got this same issue on my 2014 EX-L CR-V couple years ago right after warranty expired and I took it to a local mechanic who is aware of this coolant clogging issue and had flushed the heater core. This improved heat a bit but not to normal level. I wanted to run this self diagnosing steps, but I am little confused with above steps. I searched online for any other source, but didn't find any. If you can elaborate the above steps, I really appreciate. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It was one of the original posts. It looks odd to do, but it worked for me. I don't know if it will work with a 2014 but it couldn't hurt to try..I think it just reset the climate control and everything still works well 4 months later. No codes, buying parts, etc.
I just had something similar happen to me. My driver side was cold and passenger side was hot.I ran the sensor input display mode by holding the off & recirculate buttons at the time while starting the vehicle.I then got the DTC code by putting the ignition into II while holding the OFF button and hitting the rear defog button 5 times within 10 seconds. This puts the climate control into self diagnostic mode, where the driver side temp while indicate one line in one of the 8's that tells you which part to troubleshoot. I ended up buying the part locally after getting them to match an internet price within $3. Got home and took the glovebox out so I could see the motor, I turned the AC to cold and it was working now. It seems like the diag might have helped or the problem is intermittent at this point. I'll be calling the dealers to find out how long I can keep the part before I can't return it to get my money back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was one of the original posts. It looks odd to do, but it worked for me. I don't know if it will work with a 2014 but it couldn't hurt to try..I think it just reset the climate control and everything still works well 4 months later. No codes, buying parts, etc.
Thanks for the response. I am able to put the system in to sensor read mode by simultaneously holding AC power on/off switch and recirculate button and starting the car. But if I release any one button System is coming back into normal function. I am sure it is a different procedure for 2014 CR-Vs or I am doing something wrong.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Try searching for a 2014 or turn off engine while in sensor read mode and then start it again. Hard to say but I think it may be different for a 2014...the guy that posted it originally had a 2007...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts