Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has same issue, I recently noticed, My 2017 CRV EXL auto brakes light flashes up on my Desh board, even there is nothing in front. on clean road no abstraction suddenly breaking light flashes and again normal. I am wondering is it normal or need check up with dealer?

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,070 Posts
Things that can trigger it, when it sees for example bridge expansion joint or crash barrier just at the right angle.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 2018 EX and have the same issue at a certain point on the highway driving at 60+ mph at night, while in the far right lane. The first time it flashed, I was freaked out and tapped the brakes. It still happens intermittently at the same location and I just tap my brakes and keep going. I've even just kept driving and the Brake light stops on it's own after 1 or 2 flashes as soon as I drive thru the spot on the highway.

I took it to the dealer for this issue and they found no mechanical issues and said most likely there's something on that section of the highway that my sensors picks up on for a minute, sort of like metal plates on the street.

I also try to remember to drive in the middle Lane when I'm approaching that area.

I'm just thankful the truck has never come to a complete stop on the highway!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was using the ACC on the highway last week, in stop and go traffic, which in NJ on the Parkway during rush hour is KEY! My brake light came on the dash, as I was using the ACC....Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose?????

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have a 2018 EX and have the same issue at a certain point on the highway driving at 60+ mph at night, while in the far right lane. The first time it flashed, I was freaked out and tapped the brakes. It still happens intermittently at the same location and I just tap my brakes and keep going. I've even just kept driving and the Brake light stops on it's own after 1 or 2 flashes as soon as I drive thru the spot on the highway.

I took it to the dealer for this issue and they found no mechanical issues and said most likely there's something on that section of the highway that my sensors picks up on for a minute, sort of like metal plates on the street.

I also try to remember to drive in the middle Lane when I'm approaching that area.

I'm just thankful the truck has never come to a complete stop on the highway!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Tapping the brakes won't help the situation. Should braking occur, press down hard on the gas pedal to temporarily override CMBS.

You could temporarily turn off CMBS when approaching this area. There's a button on the dash for that, and there's text on the driver's display to remind you it's disabled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts