Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I purchased a 2015 CRV earlier this year and whenever I use the command start (Compustar 2wg9r-sp), it works great, but as soon as I open the door, the command start shuts off. The dealer says that this is because of the keyless start for the CRV, but this seems a bit odd. Is there how it works for all keyless start remote starters?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L AWD
424 Posts
Yes that is how typical remote starter works now with the push button start. It is a security feature. Thats the method most shops do. You can get an extra bypass unit when installing the remote starter (ie: fortin evo all) but it requires a lot more wiring if you want the car to stay running when opening the door.

·
Registered
2016 CR-V EX AWD
22 Posts
Hello everyone!

I purchased a 2015 CRV earlier this year and whenever I use the command start (Compustar 2wg9r-sp), it works great, but as soon as I open the door, the command start shuts off. The dealer says that this is because of the keyless start for the CRV, but this seems a bit odd. Is there how it works for all keyless start remote starters?

Thanks!
Though this is an old thread, I thought I would share a relevant experience which may be helpful to other readers. I recently bought a 2016 EX AWD, which came with an iDataStart remote start which the original owner had installed. It had this exact "issue", of shutting off the engine the moment the door is opened. I found this quite annoying, and asked the seller about it. He had been told that it was a "security" feature.

My past two Accords have had Compustar remote starts, and neither had this issue. They would lock the doors when remote starting (the iDataStart also does this), and would continue running until timeout, even after the door was opened. But would immediately shut off if the brake was pushed before the key was inserted and turned to ON. Since the shift can't be moved from PARK without pushing the brake, that seems secure enough.

I called iDataStart customer service, and was told that the T-Harness at that time (2016) did not allow "Key Takeover" on push start[1] vehicles, but that I could have the harness replaced with the current version, which would allow that feature. I contacted the dealer, and found that this was indeed available, so I had it installed. It cost several bills, but I am much happier with the performance.

The way the security works with this feature, is that once the door is opened, there is a 45-second time window in which the the door must be closed with the electronic key inside the vehicle, followed by the brake being pushed; otherwise it shuts off. The only thing I would mention to others having this fix applied, is that the 45-second window feels rather short. It can be programmed for as long as four minutes, but the programming must be done by the installer, not the user. So if you want a longer window, make sure your installer programs it appropriately while he is installing the harness. Otherwise, it is another service call and some more bills, which I'm not about to pay just to have that window lengthened.

Hope that may help others.

[1] In my youth I have had give-it-a-push-and-pop-the-clutch vehicles, but that is not the kind of "push start" referred to here! :p

Reactions: ilovemyhonda88

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L AWD
424 Posts
Didnt know it is possible now with a new
T harness. Good to know. I did some digging and it seems like you need the ADS-THR-HA9 harness with the compustar remote starter for the secure takeover. I will have to keep that in mind for our next car. Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 CR-V EX AWD
22 Posts
My pleasure. Thanks for sharing the part number for the Compustar; hope it is helpful to others as well.

·
Registered
2016 CR-V EX AWD
22 Posts
Sorry, duplicate post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts