Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have a weird issue with my CRV where the car just won't start. I usually have to jump the battery in order to start, where it'll work several more times before it stops again. I've read that this is a common issue, but haven't been able to find any concrete ideas to show my mechanic in order to fix it. Has there been any fix for this yet? If so, can anyone help link me or provide me some keywords to look up the issue? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
252 Posts
What year is it / how old is the battery? The battery size of the CRV's tend to be on the smaller side and I understand several folks have commented they don't last as long as big batteries of yesteryear... I got 3 years out of my stock battery before I had to replace it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
First, check & clean all connections. Batteries are not all built equal. Here in Minnesota, we need good batteries & I always buy premium models. Yet some last 7 years, while others only last 3 years. If the terminal connections are clean, and I get frequent 'low crank speed', or 'no crank', and a jump start works perfectly, then it is the battery itself.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
daveman123's profile shows he has a 2005 LX 2WD AT.
Check the battery connections for cleanliness and snugness.
Check the battery water level.
Take it to WalMart or somewhere that does a free battery load test.
Measure the battery voltage after it sits overnight and also with the engine running.
MNOldGuy's advice is sound.
Buffalo4

·
Everything in Moderation
7,623 Posts
Another thing to check (especially if the car is in salty climates or has been repaired after an accident) is the cleanliness and security of the body and engine grounds, and the starter connections themselves.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I replaced the small battery to a W24 after buying a Oddsy (SP?) plastic base plate $10.00. Problem solved.
Guess what size battery is in the VRV 2016?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts