Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've had my '16 for a few days now and about 200 miles on her so maybe too soon to really tell, but I have noticed a lot of things already that have me thinking and glad I traded in the '15. You know my idle problem was not as severe as others, but once in awhile I would notice it.
The constant alert from the lane watch and brake.
The occasional disengage tranny and grinding noise... When their was nothing in front of me or I proceeded to brake and then accelerate.....
The bumpy ride
The horrible stereo/and everything related to sound (posted before)
While washing the vehicle, the doors would lock/unlock while spraying it off....
Traded her in with 10500 and got back more then I expected (close to what I paid)

'16
On my way home, I noticed the ACC, LKAS and lane watch worked 100 percent better in steering the vehicle on slight turns without setting off a warning
The stereo.....ahh the stereo, cued up some Van Halen (unchained) and Mark Anthony would be pleased, not as good as having a 10" or 12" in back, but I felt thumping...... So as of now, I wouldn't change anything.....
Smoother ride......even Mrs commented.....so.....plus....
And no vibrations so far.....

Some quick thoughts.....did I get a lemon???? I hope not, but I have no remorse on trading in the '15...

Will update accordingly.............

·
Registered
633 Posts
glad to hear as we are in the market for 2 SUVs when we return to the USA...Love our 2011 CRV.....but with the 2015 having issues.....the crv was off our list.....but with the vibration fix talking place on the 15's....And it appears the 2016s have been fixed......CRV is back on the test drive list

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was under the impression that 2015 and 2016 are identical, other than a slight price increase? (and 2016 has the recent TSB pre-installed) Are there other differences?

Was your 15 one of the earliest ones manufactured in late 2014? Just got a pair of 15's less 3 weeks ago and so far having no issues. Yea the Lane beep is annoying if you forget to use a turn signal, but I guess it's doing its job :) The forward collision alarm only goes off if im a few feet from another vehicle, as it should. The radio isn't great, but good enough. I wish it had the new Android Audio that is found in the other 2016 Honda models. (which I assume is coming to the CRV with the 2017 re-design)

Glad to hear that you are happy, issue free, and loving your new '16!

Congratulations!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Rhody401..... Thanks.....price difference was $275....CR-V is Apple loving.....

MBS430... Sorry no......

Otto888man....NP.....I came over from the EOC (element) forum....

I picked up my '15 in February of this year, didn't show signs or symptoms as severe as others, but once in awhile noticeable......

Noticed today, my tailpipe is black, '15 was steel......sport mode revs higher in rpm, so up shifting to drive is a must.....my '15 was kept in sport mode constantly...... Just for the vroom factor.......

No idle issues........

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
So I've had my '16 for a few days now and about 200 miles on her so maybe too soon to really tell, but I have noticed a lot of things already that have me thinking and glad I traded in the '15. You know my idle problem was not as severe as others, but once in awhile I would notice it.
The occasional disengage tranny and grinding noise... When their was nothing in front of me or I proceeded to brake and then accelerate.....
The bumpy ride
While washing the vehicle, the doors would lock/unlock while spraying it off....
Traded her in with 10500 and got back more then I expected (close to what I paid)

'16
On my way home, I noticed the ACC, LKAS and lane watch worked 100 percent better in steering the vehicle on slight turns without setting off a warning
The stereo.....ahh the stereo, cued up some Van Halen (unchained) and Mark Anthony would be pleased, not as good as having a 10" or 12" in back, but I felt thumping...... So as of now, I wouldn't change anything.....
Smoother ride......even Mrs commented.....so.....plus....
And no vibrations so far.....

Some quick thoughts.....did I get a lemon???? I hope not, but I have no remorse on trading in the '15...

Will update accordingly.............
Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
There used to be a saying in the car business to never buy a car manufaured on Friday or on Monday. :) Of course robots don't care which day of the week it is. My wife's 2015 EX has about 3,000 miles since we bought it in July and we have had no problems. The engine idles just as smoothly as my 2013 Accord and the sound system is just fine. It's a four cylinder engine and it doesn't idle any differently than the rental cars I have driven this year. I just returned a 2015 Chrysler 200 and it had a very slight idle vibration similar to the CRV.

I guess if you expect to run the audio system at rock concert volume levels and expect the same bass response as in a convert, then you are very picky and probably need to upgrade the system with an after market amp and speakers. While you are at it you probably need to apply to the FCC for a broadcast liscence. :)

Nothing is as annoying as to pull up to a stop light on a beautiful spring or fall day with your windows and moon roof open open and be blasted by the audio system from the car next you with jet engine level decibel hard rock or hip hop. It's called being obnoxious. I wonder if playing your car stereo that loud is a safety hazard because you can't hear other drivers horns or railroad crossing bells. The fact that your hearing will eventually suffer from all that loud music. :(

BTW you might check your VIN number to see where your car was manufactured. My wife's car VIN starts with the number three which means it was assembled in Mexico. Maybe that's why it has had no defects.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
There used to be a saying in the car business to never buy a car manufaured on Friday or on Monday. :) Of course robots don't care which day of the week it is. My wife's 2015 EX has about 3,000 miles since we bought it in July and we have had no problems. The engine idles just as smoothly as my 2013 Accord and the sound system is just fine. It's a four cylinder engine and it doesn't idle any differently than the rental cars I have driven this year. I just returned a 2015 Chrysler 200 and it had a very slight idle vibration similar to the CRV.

I guess if you expect to run the audio system at rock concert volume levels and expect the same bass response as in a convert, then you are very picky and probably need to upgrade the system with an after market amp and speakers. While you are at it you probably need to apply to the FCC for a broadcast liscence. :)

"No, I don't listen to my music loud. Around the mid to high teens. Applying for a broadcast license is cost prohibitive...."

Nothing is as annoying as to pull up to a stop light on a beautiful spring or fall day with your windows and moon roof open open and be blasted by the audio system from the car next you with jet engine level decibel hard rock or hip hop. It's called being obnoxious. I wonder if playing your car stereo that loud is a safety hazard because you can't hear other drivers horns or railroad crossing bells. The fact that your hearing will eventually suffer from all that loud music. :(

"Yep, fully agree, hearing others LOUD music is annoying, but welcome to the world we now live in......."

BTW you might check your VIN number to see where your car was manufactured. My wife's car VIN starts with the number three which means it was assembled in Mexico. Maybe that's why it has had no defects.
"I did check, it was assembled in East Liberty Ohio, parts from various sources......"

Maybe my choice of song was disliked? Don't know???? Rocket Man, Come Together are other examples of good lead in bass songs.....

Reflecting back, I'm wondering if in keeping it in sport mode was just a subconscious way of avoiding the idle issue?????? I've noticed that I'm keeping the '16 in "D" and downshifting occasionally........

No idle issues......

·
Registered
99 Posts
The bumpy ride
Really that much difference between the two vehicles? Same model and trim? Hard to believe! Peter

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
2CRV......Yes it's true, the only difference is the color, from Kona to Basque, same Touring AWD, actually I can't believe it myself, which lead me to the statement that I must've bought a lemon. I'm even noticing better gas mileage since I'm not keeping it in sport mode....... When I purchased the '15, I previously drove an Element, so my expectations where high and since others were having the same problems as I, I was kind of thinking, Honda would come up with a fix....well we all see how that is working out! If any of you current owners are having problems, just go drive a '16 and see what you think.....so my feelings are somewhat upset and I lost a few bucks, but now I feel better and life goes on.....

Another day with no idle issues.....and I find that memory fading away...........

·
Registered
99 Posts
OK, thanks for the update. My 2015 Touring (both of them) have none of those issues so no need to even look at the 2016. Peter

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am disappointed to find a lack of a real blind spot monitoring system. Not just a bigger left side mirror and a camera for the right hand mirror.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Setting your mirror angles correctly is important. Properly set mirrors, all three, and you will see all traffic. Vehicles behind you will first appear in your cabin mirror. As they get closer they will leave the cabin mirror and then appear in your driver's side mirror as they approach left of you, and be there until they are right beside your vehicle. Set the passenger mirror out into the right lane and the same effect will appear. Most drivers will set their drivers and passenger mirror so that the side of their vehicle is shown, and that is wrong. Try it and you will see how much safer driving can be.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sensor based blind spot monitoring systems are prone to false warnings from things like guard rails. The Honda Lane Watch system using a right side camera is fool proof and you can determine the distance from the car in the next lane with distance markers. Regardless, setting yor mirrors correctly is the best bet. See URL below.

http://m.wikihow.com/Set-Rear‐View-Mirrors-to-Eliminate-Blind-Spots

1 - 15 of 15 Posts