Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As has been discussed here and elsewhere many times, Honda has two oil filter suppliers, Filtech, which manufactures the A01 filter (Honda part # 15400-PLM-A01) and Fram (now part of an Australian Corporation, the Rank Group) which supplies the A02. Each has its supporters and pundits, though it should be noted there seems to be a clear bias on most Honda boards in favor of the A01 Filtech filter. For those who lie awake at night wondering about the quality of the A02 filter and how it compares with Fram's equivilent, the Tough Guard 7317, the link below is a recent comparison of the two when cut open. (Credit for the work and the pictures goes to a poster on BITOG.) For all practical purposes, the two (the A02 & Fram's TG) are essentially identical. See http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3097085#Post3097085

·
Registered
73 Posts
When I was at a dealership one day, I saw a cut open filter on display. The first thing I thought of was Fram.
I thought it was interesting.

So, it is Fram : )

Personally, I use neither filters.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I've always bought the filter that is on sale, and never had a problem with any of them in the many decades and countless oil changes yet!

Never been brand loyal!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts