Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sometimes when I start my CR-V the compass flashes and remains flashing as long as the car is running. Other times it behaves normally. I have followed the instructions on resetting the compass, but when I press the setup button with the ignition on, the COMPASS never appears.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I don't have my manual handy, but is it just re-calibrating itself every so often?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know. Sometimes it works when car is started, other times it is flashing. Since I am unable to re-calibrate it using the manual's instructions, I have occasionally tried driving in circles to help it calibrate, but that does not work.

2012 EX 2WD 5 AT

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem

I have the exact same problem with my 2012 CRV EX. I was just reading the owners manual and it says to push and hold the SetUp button until the compass calibration menu appears. I think perhaps I haven't been holding it long enough. When I push and hold SetUp, the clock reset screen appears. My wife has a 2013 CRV EX and her compass never flashes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hold Hold and Hold some more

I have this same problem. When I tried doing the calibration I did notice that you have to hold the setup button down for what seems like a really long time. It then comes up with 2 options, Zone and Calibration. I have no idea what zone is but for calibration I just went to a parking lot and after I chose to calibrate the compass I just slowly drove around in a large circle. That seemed to do the trick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
crv compass issues

I have a 2012 crv ex my compass is annoying. Some times it works correctly and sometimes it blinks 100% of the time. When the compass is not blinking is when I can reset the zone and calibration and things are fine for short time. Once I shut the vehicle off and then use it again the blinking starts. I have cut a piece of molding to cover bottom of the view screen.
Does any one have a permanent fix???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this same problem. I have watched youtube videos on recalibrating the compass. In those videos, thw direction flashes while CAL. remains steady. When I have the random flashing problem, both the direction and the CAL. are flashing. Is there a way to hack into the source code to determine what the problem is?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a used 2014 Honda CRV for my wife and the compass was also doing the flashing thing that others have mentioned. I tried disconnecting the battery which did then allow me to reset using the calibration function but as soon as the car was turned off and then restarted the compass would have the direction and CAL indicator back flashing. Spoke with my local dealer and he pulled up the issue on his computer and one of the things to check were the fuses. Turns out that the fuse box at the drivers side kick panel uses fuse no. B19 (7.5A) for the compass unit. Pulled this and then replaced and the compass was able to complete the calibration as mentioned in the manual. Thought I had found the way to reset the electronics on the compass but when I shut off the car and did a restart the problem was back with the flashing direction and CAL.

OK, here is the fix. There is a small control module that is bad and located under the rear headliner and near the antenna base. Honda part # (78300-T0A-A01). Cost is around $45-50 depending on what your dealer is willing to discount. To replace just remove the rear drivers side trim plate that is next to the headliner and then the dome light cover and the two bolts and then carefully pull down the headliner to expose the small module. The module is attached with a plastic plug on one side and a 10mm bolt on the connector side. Not a super easy job but not that difficult. There is a youtube video online that is for replacing a damaged antenna base that shows the steps to get the headliner lowered.

Anyway, it has been over a week and the compass, once calibrated, has been perfect.

Good luck to all.

BTW, I joined this forum just so I could hopefully help others with this very frustrating issue that had me going for several days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe this is the youtube video (I'm new to the forum and I'm not allowed to post direct links):

w_w_w_._y_o_u_t_u_b_e_._c_o_m/watch?v=lxRiOOLhOis

If anyone doesn't care too much about the compass and just want to get rid of the flashing, then you can simply unplug the unit. You also don't have to pull down the headliner too much for unplugging.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased a used 2014 Honda CRV for my wife and the compass was also doing the flashing thing that others have mentioned. I tried disconnecting the battery which did then allow me to reset using the calibration function but as soon as the car was turned off and then restarted the compass would have the direction and CAL indicator back flashing. Spoke with my local dealer and he pulled up the issue on his computer and one of the things to check were the fuses. Turns out that the fuse box at the drivers side kick panel uses fuse no. B19 (7.5A) for the compass unit. Pulled this and then replaced and the compass was able to complete the calibration as mentioned in the manual. Thought I had found the way to reset the electronics on the compass but when I shut off the car and did a restart the problem was back with the flashing direction and CAL.

OK, here is the fix. There is a small control module that is bad and located under the rear headliner and near the antenna base. Honda part # (78300-T0A-A01). Cost is around $45-50 depending on what your dealer is willing to discount. To replace just remove the rear drivers side trim plate that is next to the headliner and then the dome light cover and the two bolts and then carefully pull down the headliner to expose the small module. The module is attached with a plastic plug on one side and a 10mm bolt on the connector side. Not a super easy job but not that difficult. There is a youtube video online that is for replacing a damaged antenna base that shows the steps to get the headliner lowered.

Anyway, it has been over a week and the compass, once calibrated, has been perfect.

Good luck to all.

BTW, I joined this forum just so I could hopefully help others with this very frustrating issue that had me going for several days.
I owned a 2013 Honda CRV AWD and I can't get to the calibration screen on my display. I hold the setup button and the sound display comes up. Can someone suggest something?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can someone help me?
I own a Honda CRV AWD 2013 and i need my compass re-calibrate But when I push the setup button the only screen that comes up is the sound. I can't get the calibration screen to come up.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Good luck to all.

I have the same problem and just want to disconnect the part since I don’t look at the compass. Can you help me with more detailed info. On the part I need to unplug?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Good luck to all.

I just purchased a used 2013 Honda CRV, the compas and Cal were flashing, could not get the compass to come up with the setup button. Did have a curious thing happen, went for an early mornong ride 5am, after a few turns the cal stopped flashing. I thought it was fixed, but alas, later that day drove to the store, cal is flashing again. Orderd the compass unit listed, changed it out-easy, and after two circles done, cal gone compass working fine. If you have this issue, change out the module.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sometimes when I start my CR-V the compass flashes and remains flashing as long as the car is running. Other times it behaves normally. I have followed the instructions on resetting the compass, but when I press the setup button with the ignition on, COMPASS never appears.
I have the same problem. I can’t figure it out

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.