Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,202 Posts
The 2016 CR-V is a totally different vehicle than the 2017+ (5th Gen)

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,577 Posts
If your CRV does not have navigation, then the most likely cause is the compass module has died. It is fairly easy to replace yourself and not expensive. It is a little black rectangular box located in the back of vehicle, mounted on the underside of the roof near the antenna. There is a Youtube video showing how to get to it. It's held in with a screw. Just search CRV compass. If you're interested the part number is 78300-T0A-A01 and is availble online. Just google the part number.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently purchased a 2019EX-L and within a few days, the compass had disappeared. I was going to wait for my first oil change and take it to the dealer. I couldn't find any information online about it happening to other people.

·
Registered
2022 CRV EX FWD 2013 CRV EX FWD
3,014 Posts
Mine is always calibrating. I just ignore it and keep driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine is always calibrating. I just ignore it and keep driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 2016 Canadian built CRV LX I've recently acquired has the same problem. So reading through the forums today, I came across a post regarding a secret menu. Long story short, I was unable to access the secret menu, but I noticed when i scrolled through the lcd functions, and specifically the analog clock screen, the compass direction was still blinking, but the "cal" was solid as its supposed to be during the circular calibration. I was seldom able to get the "cal" solid in the radio screen. I figured I'd give another try calibrating and it locked in before i left the driveway. I'll report back to report if the solid compass persists.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts