Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HONDA CRV 2012 - EX TRIM

I need a new passenger-side wing mirror I have used carpartpro.com and called around my local wreckage companies, but because of high price or unavailability, I can't get what I need.

I did look on eBay and say there are some from USA and China.

But my problem is being 100% sure that the wing mirror will be 100% compatible with my vehicle.

I have a CRV 2012 EX and I dont believe that my wing mirrors are heated nor do they have tuning lights but the ones I have seen on ebay DO have these features.

So I have two questions:

1. How can I scan my car manual/spec list to make sure what type of wing mirror I have? The advert talks about 7 pins connector... where will I find out how many pins compatibility with my model?

2. If I buy the wing mirror that has extra features such as an indicator light and heated mirror and they dont work in my car because they are not supported, can I still buy and at least use the motorized function of the wing mirror, will that still work?

I appreciate any help on this issue. If anybody else has gone through this or can help me confirm the technical compatibility. Thanks for reading!

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried hondapartsnow.com? You can enter your VIN to get the precise part number you need. Also you can use Honda Parts and Accessories in Toronto | Toronto Honda Parts

Is the housing damaged beyond using an adhesive? For the moment.
Are the Internals gone? or broken. I believe that you can only buy the housing.

I hope this helps.

Oh thanks for this...Yes the mirror is cracked and the housing is also cracked so I will need to source and purchase a new one entirely. thankyou for the two links I will try this now :)

· Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
3,121 Posts
Total depends on your options:
Actually all models had the same plug, it's a 13 pin plug but not all the pins are used
3 Pins if you only have the mirror motor controls, up down, left right
5 pin if you have mirror motor, plus heated mirror
Since you model is from Canada do you have any other options on your mirror, such as turn signal light. The US mirrors only had 3 and 5 pins

Attachments

· Registered
2014 CRV LX AWD
77 Posts
HONDA CRV 2012 - EX TRIM
I need a new passenger-side wing mirror I have used carpartpro.com and called around my local wreckage companies, but because of high price or unavailability, I can't get what I need.
Shows a listing of available RH mirrors in Atlantic Canada. Also helps to know the color of your CR-V.
I gather you are in Atlantic Canada in order to do a search. Can't understand why members can't state what province or state you are located.

If you have a Canada market CRV, then choice is simple. Their is only one listed on car-part.com for EX Canada market, heated.
VIN Decoder, shows for Civic but works for CRV

Also TYC replacement mirror from Rockauto paint to match. I would just paint both trim black. It's a 10 year old vehicle. $72cdn

Attachments

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Total depends on your options:
Actually all models had the same plug, it's a 13 pin plug but not all the pins are used
3 Pins if you only have the mirror motor controls, up down, left right
5 pin if you have mirror motor, plus heated mirror
Since you model is from Canada do you have any other options on your mirror, such as turn signal light. The US mirrors only had 3 and 5 pins
Oh this is great info... Yes I found a wing mirror and now with your post I can self install with more confidence.

I've never done anything car wise before but YouTube videos don't look too bad for a novice lol

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shows a listing of available RH mirrors in Atlantic Canada. Also helps to know the color of your CR-V.
I gather you are in Atlantic Canada in order to do a search. Can't understand why members can't state what province or state you are located.

If you have a Canada market CRV, then choice is simple. Their is only one listed on car-part.com for EX Canada market, heated.
VIN Decoder, shows for Civic but works for CRV

Also TYC replacement mirror from Rockauto paint to match. I would just paint both trim black. It's a 10 year old vehicle. $72cdn
Thank-you for sharing this resource, I did find one, a brand new one for $75 which is quite cheap considering some of the others I saw.

I think your post will help someone else as well as me who will need to self install.

· Super Moderator
2018 EX-L fwd
1,742 Posts
Congrats on getting your problem solved.

Two things you can do to help make the forum better able to answer your concerns. Go to your Avatar in the upper right hand corner, --> Account Settings, --> Location & -->Vehicle Details.

Complete both sections for your location & vehicle, then hit Save. In this manner, that information automatically appears each time you post. Your location will be revealed when responders hover their cursor over your flag, as it does with freeportalf's response. Your vehicle description also appears underneath your flag. Helps everyone to know the year & trim level of the vehicle in question. As this discussion shows, knowing the OP's location also helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts