Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently bought a 2005 crv that didnt come with a roof rack, but does have the spots to bolt one on under the removable plastic covers.

I was at the junkyard yesterday searching for (unrelated wiring harness parts that got destroyed in a small fire caused by my old power window controller) and figured I'd see about grabbing a roof rack and tow hitch while I was there.
I couldnt find a donor crv that had a roof rack at all, but there were several different roof racks on passports, and A TON of roof racks on A TON different model acuras.
im pretty confident that there are several compatible roof racks there but I've been unable to find any info telling me which make and models i would be able to use.... and I dont really want to trial and error through 6 or 7 of them to find out that none are going to work for me lol.
having pretty much the same issue trying to scrounge up a usuable tow hitch unit.
I'm not extremely familiar with hardware location patterns and considering they arnt clearly visible with out removing my bumper and shiz, it's not something I want to just guess at over and over till one fits lol.

if anyone has any experience with this and can point me to a make and model, or the relevant literature, I'd really appreciate it! thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I don't know of anyplace that has a cross-list of models that use the same roof racks.

A current Passport is 79" wide, vs 70" for a CR-V, so no, the roof racks are not interchangeable. The Acura RDX is 75" wide, and I doubt any other Acura rack will fit.

eBay has several listings for 2005 CR-V feet and crossbars for less than US $50.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know of anyplace that has a cross-list of models that use the same roof racks.

A current Passport is 79" wide, vs 70" for a CR-V, so no, the roof racks are not interchangeable. The Acura RDX is 75" wide, and I doubt any other Acura rack will fit.

eBay has several listings for 2005 CR-V feet and crossbars for less than US $50.
yeah I was just hoping I would be able to use some there because it would be free and I'm kinda in a ummm ... transitional place? in my life right now lol staying in my crv to saving money for a personal dream my fiance and I are working towards... so we dont really have a reliable shipping address. there are a ton of acuras so I thought my odds were pretty good. it also gives me a natural high to manage to find a solid solution with materials on hand as oppose to "cheating" and just ordering exactly what I need.
I realize that probably sounds idiotic but hey... what can I say? lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts