Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. I'm new here, so any suggestions are welcomed. I have a 98 CRV EX. I had a complete engine shut down while driving a couple of months ago and pulled over. Started right up again and ran without event following. Lights remained on and no other items cut off. It was just as if the key was moved from the running position into the off position. Or as if you put the key in and positioned it shy of the position that would start the engine, but not engage the starter.

So I read a bunch of comments and replaced the ignition switch. All ran fine for a few weeks, and then suddenly happened again. Same scenario and started right up again. So far I have run it everyday since and have about 80 more miles on it from that point and all good.

So the question is what next? If I test out the connections to the ignition module and check the coil, I will assume it works fine as it is running well now. The wiring looks intact so no obvious concerns. But what to do to diagnose or probable causes? Really don't want another failure, especially on a road with no shoulder or highway.

Thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Howdy. I'm new here, so any suggestions are welcomed. I have a 98 CRV EX. I had a complete engine shut down while driving a couple of months ago and pulled over. Started right up again and ran without event following. Lights remained on and no other items cut off. It was just as if the key was moved from the running position into the off position. Or as if you put the key in and positioned it shy of the position that would start the engine, but not engage the starter.

So I read a bunch of comments and replaced the ignition switch. All ran fine for a few weeks, and then suddenly happened again. Same scenario and started right up again. So far I have run it everyday since and have about 80 more miles on it from that point and all good.

So the question is what next? If I test out the connections to the ignition module and check the coil, I will assume it works fine as it is running well now. The wiring looks intact so no obvious concerns. But what to do to diagnose or probable causes? Really don't want another failure, especially on a road with no shoulder or highway.

Thanks.
Any codes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.