Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 5th Honda. My last was an 06 Element EX-P. I think the only real concern I had when shopping for a new suv was the perception of power and acceleration being like it was in the Element (pokey / slow / weak). After a test drive, my concerns were relieved. This CRV drives better than the CRV I tested when I bought the Element. Some improvements must have been made.

I also tested a 2012 Escape (bland), and a new 2013 Escape (flashy and expensive). Looked briefly at a RAV4 (no V6) and a Hyundai Santa Fe.
After all that looking, I ended up back with the Honda.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats on your new addition. Our CRV is the first Honda we've owned, so you've got more experience in the company than us. How powerful did the 2013 Escape feel ??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The '13 Escape had the 1.6 EcoBoost. Very quick off the line, but seems like it might get squirrelly at higher rpms.
I traded a '12 Focus for the CRV. The new Escape looks like the Focus on steroids. I liked the Focus a lot. It was just too small for my needs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is our second Honda (my wife drives an '08 Accord). I considered the Rav4 as well as the Hyundai Tuscon and Santa Fe before purchasing my CR-V. The Rav 4 felt very poorly made, not as solid as the CR-V. The Tuscon didn't have comparable storage space, and the 4 cyl. Santa Fe felt underpowered to me. I looked at the 2013 Escape online but ruled it out due to price.

After driving my CR-V for a month I'm very happy with my purchase. I'm looking forward to my first road trip this weekend!

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
As much as I like the newer CRV's I couldn't part with my 2006 EX-L. I had a 2011 CRV as a company car for a year and it just can't do the things the E can. My problem with getting a 2012 would be forcing myself to go easy on the accessories. I have already had a couple of customers that dropped an easy $4000 plus on dealer installed options.

·
Registered
151 Posts
One thing which, to me is crazy, is any car with a CR-V's parameters (so we're talking Kias, Jeeps, etc) are more expensive to buy. The closest competitor I ever saw was the Subaru Forester price wise.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My problem with getting a 2012 would be forcing myself to go easy on the accessories. I have already had a couple of customers that dropped an easy $4000 plus on dealer installed options.
Everything I wanted in terms of manufacturer add-ons I grabbed on Amazon.com for 1/2 price....heavy duty OEM rubber mats for 99.95, cargo mat for 39.95, cargo net for 14.95, crossbars for 159.95 and moldings for 79.95. All of it is easily installed and didn't cost much more than two hours of my time which was worth the almost $400.00 in savings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Everything I wanted in terms of manufacturer add-ons I grabbed on Amazon.com for 1/2 price....heavy duty OEM rubber mats for 99.95, cargo mat for 39.95, cargo net for 14.95, crossbars for 159.95 and moldings for 79.95. All of it is easily installed and didn't cost much more than two hours of my time which was worth the almost $400.00 in savings.
I can't find the cargo mat or cargo net at the prices that you mentioned on Amazon. Can you help? Just go mine on Saturday!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.