Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm checking over my 07 FW CRV EX Certified inspection, and I was hoping someone can confirm the brake pad thickness that I found in another thread:

From TMac: "For 2007, The front disc thickness equals 1.1 inches (28mm) and the rear disc thickness equals 0.35 inch (9mm)."
http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195&highlight=brake+thickness

My inspection report has the pads listed as 10 mm at the fronts, and 8 mm for the rears, way less than half of the above values for the fronts.

The rotors are listed at 27 mm front and 10 mm rear, but I can't find a "new" value for these.

Thanks for any help,
Greg

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Confusing?

I think you may be confusing the pad thickness with the rotor thickness, although I am not sure.

Pad thickness is how much of the soft pad material is left on the pads. I don't know what the specification is but I find it hard to believe they start out at 28 MM.

I believe the spec you are referring to is the thickness of the front and back rotors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah yes, I missred those specs as pads, not rotors. I guess the good news is that my rear rotors are growing!

So, anyone know what a new pad thickness might be?

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts