Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. I recently bought my late father-in-laws '05 CRV. It has the basic steel wheels, which are rusting around the bolt holes and take away from the appearance of what is otherwise a very nice vehicle. I just did a search of the '05 CRV sticky, but it didn't mention wheel offset. I found one post that says the offset for Gen 2 CRV's is +55. Can anyone confirm that?

And I just looked at 127 different wheels on Tire Rack, and not one was a +55 offset. Does that mean I'd need the appropriate spacers in order to install a new set of wheels?

I like the Steelies it has now...but the dealer quoted me $229 each, and that's just not going to happen. Even he thought that price was ridiculous. Thanks, all.

julian

·
Registered
460 Posts
I don't know about the offset of the steel wheels, but you could always ask the tire store support before they sell you a set of steel wheels. They should know because if they don't fit they have a notes for customer refunds. Also some wheels have extra holes because not one size fits all.

Have you tried an alternative like going to the junk yard to get some wheels, granted you are gambling to see if they come in good condition or not.

I don't know your exact condition of the wheels you have now, but if it is in overall good shape have you tried sanding them down and repainting them?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZwwNxyCDEg This guy did it in black I am sure you can get silver and repaint them. I go for a duller dark silver then a bright silver as shiny colors tend to scream attention while darker colors scream clean.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I don't know the exact offset of an '05 but tirerack will list wheels that will fit your year, make and model without any problem. So the offset is not always what comes from the factory wheels. They will list wheels that will fit your current setup in a few different offsets but all close to original. If in doubt, you can contact tirerack if you think you might want to get theirs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts