Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
What year and model CR-V? Probably not an adapter, but can be done with DIY wiring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2008 EXL and would like to have this done tomorrow. Does anyone know where I can find instructions/tips.

Best,

·
Registered
704 Posts
The factory camera connects to a green 7-pin connector on the back of the factory nav headunit. The pins are:

Pin 1 - Vcc - to power up the camera???
Pin 2 - Camera (RC)
Pin 3 - N/C
Pin 4 - Camera Ground
Pin 5 - Camera V - video feed (composite)???
Pin 6 - Cable Shielding - Ground
Pin 7 - Camera ADPT

·
Registered
704 Posts
And here...

camera.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
connexion to camera

cable crv.jpg Hello, I've the same issue, trying to connect the original camera unit (CRV 2007) to a S150 Winca aftermarket. The CRV connector give me other colors than the one the picture.
Green connector
Cables : Green, WHT, X, RED, BLK, Grey, Brown
Can you help me to connect the new connector, with only RED, White and Yellow (video)
Thanks !

·
Registered
2 Posts
My guess would be...
Yellow to OEM Black
Red to OEM Red
White to OEM white

If you could post a photo of all of your wire bundle showing all the connectors and the wires that would be a huge help to me. My wire harness was cut before I bought the car and I am having a hard time finding the back up camera wires. It would be nice to see everything grouped together so I can uses process of elimination.

·
Registered
2 Posts
reverse camera

I have the same problem with Crv 2015 model.

Head unit - Pioneer 4200-NEX
Interface - PAC RP4-HD11 interface

The technician tried his best to identify pins for reverse camera. Can someone confirm me if the above diagrams also suitable for reverse camera ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
20170402_160917.jpg
Hi, has one got a fix for the aux to factory camera??
Need some help asap, so my wife can use the new english stereo haha

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I recently considered an 8200NEX for my 2013 CRV because the OEM navigation is unappealing. Little did I know it's not a common thing to swap the factory navigation with an aftermarket one in my car, or so the guy said. To retain most of the OEM features and install it was eye-gougingingly expensive, and even then, no guarantee everything would work the same. So I passed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I'm lost. I've got the same problem. I have third party stereo and 2007 honda CRV EX-L with navigation system, subwoofer, steering wheel control ... all connected to Alpine BB717PO, (39541-SWA-E010-M1).
I've been looking everywhere for wiring diagram of Alpine system to find out how to connect it to a new stereo. I'm not able to find useful infos so I have no idea how to connect steering wheel control (I have WC2+ and WC1+ description only), subwoofer and rear camera. And again. My green connector has got different colors of cables.

Please help

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jeando: Did you ever get a wiring diagram for your 78 pin green connector in the picture? I have the same one and am looking to connect an after-market monitor.
Thanks,
Harlan

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I've been researching this for a future upgrade to my "07 (no Nav), and so have watched a bunch of YouTube videos. I don't have an OE backup camera, but I did note in many of the videos that adaptors are available for any configuration possible. My advice would be to first, ask your head unit maker, then Google search, then Amazon search, then call local shops, and if all that fails, start watching YouTube videos till you find what you need. It IS out there. There are harnesses and connector adaptors to connect anything available without splicing a single wire. One thing's for sure - I won't buy my gear until I know exactly what I need to hook it all up, and where to get it. To me that's just basic. Especially since I've always done my own installs, and having had to brainstorm how to hand wire many (before the internet), so nowadays I make it my business to know in advance. It just makes it all so much easier for a lazy person such as myself who is always willing to spend ten times as much time online if it means saving five minutes of actual work. Eh? That, and the fact that I am my own harshest critic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have done this more than once, and in my opinion, it is much simpler and cheaper to just change the back-up camera to an aftermarket camera that has an RCA video output. Yes, you need to run an RCA cable from the radio to the back camera but it's not that hard. The simplest way to activate the camera is to tap into the existing backup light 12+ wire using a "wire tap pigtail", no cutting or soldering. This will always work. You can get a good backup camera for less than $10. The adapter harness to use a factory camera is usually expensive, it may or may not work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever find out what wires was what? I am in the same boat now.
I tinkered with this for a while. Took apart the rear panel and looked at the wires there, and compared it to what was up front. I managed to get it to work.

The OEM camera works with 12v, you can attach it to your switched power supply at the deck with the below wiring guide. Thee earlier post for a green adapter with 7 pins behind the dash is correct. I put together a molex adapter to attach it to my deck.

pin 1 = Ignition +12v (red wire from your harness)
pin 2 = Ground
pin 3 = empty
pin 4 = camera (rca) ground
pin 5 = camera (rca) signal
pin 6 and 7 = leave disconnected.

Worked for me, no issues at all. Camera can be viewed while the car is driving this way too. Not the best quality camera since it's OEM, but keeps the factory look and doesn't involve much wiring outside of this. I'll attach photos if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone managed to successfully convert the OEM reverse camera for use on an aftermarket headunit with RCA input ?
TIA

1 - 20 of 24 Posts