Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love my 08 crv has 110k had the same issue with battery,I bought a oversized battery 35 group from honda accord interstate battery going 3.5 yrs no problem. No problem with starter.im from northshore boston mass area winters harsh.just replaced breaks and tires oil changes and fluids all regular maintenance.resently replaced my ball joints tie rods and bushing.still maintenance I live my 08 crv exl

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got a used 16 in August. it had 35000 on it. I love the way it rides and it has plenty of power.
I had to have the cvt replaced last month. it was shaking at part throttle under 25mph. The trans was done under warranty.
if you get one of these make sure the trans fluid is changed ever 20000 or 30000. I think it would have saved mine.
Other than that i really like this vehicle. I had a 2002 crv. 250000 miles on it and loved that one too. Rust killed that one. But it had a good long life and didn't owe me anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone-

I’ve been reading and researching and have decided I’d like to consider a cr-v in the 2012-2015 range to replace my 07 that was totaled. I know the 3rd gen is a beloved model and I even considered replacing mine with another from that time but I had to take mileage and the 10-13 year time frame into consideration. I’m noticing several complaints in regards to starter and battery issues for this generation, mainly the 2013-2014 models. I’d just like to know if those of you who own them would get these models again, or would you spring for maybe a 2016-2017? Are these issues truly affecting every owner with this generation of the crv or does the internet just make it seem that way?
I just need a reliable, dependable, stable and affordable compact SUV as I live in New England. I’m really also considering a 2013/2014 rav4 bc the push to start is enticing, and a 2014 Hyundai Tucson based on my neighbor’s suggestions
Btw I previously posted this in the welcome thread and figured I should direct my specific questions here, to those with long term experience with the models I’m interested in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone-

I’ve been reading and researching and have decided I’d like to consider a cr-v in the 2012-2015 range to replace my 07 that was totaled. I know the 3rd gen is a beloved model and I even considered replacing mine with another from that time but I had to take mileage and the 10-13 year time frame into consideration. I’m noticing several complaints in regards to starter and battery issues for this generation, mainly the 2013-2014 models. I’d just like to know if those of you who own them would get these models again, or would you spring for maybe a 2016-2017? Are these issues truly affecting every owner with this generation of the crv or does the internet just make it seem that way?
I just need a reliable, dependable, stable and affordable compact SUV as I live in New England. I’m really also considering a 2013/2014 rav4 bc the push to start is enticing, and a 2014 Hyundai Tucson based on my neighbor’s suggestions
Btw I previously posted this in the welcome thread and figured I should direct my specific questions here, to those with long term experience with the models I’m interested in.
I have a 2014. I bought it because it was the last year that could be flat towed behind a motorhome. It just may be the best car that I have ever owned, and I've had many (72 yrs). Though not a Rocket, it has plenty of power and gets good mpg. I have it set up not only to be towed, but to tow a small utility trailer. It does both very well. It is extremely comfortable for me at 6'1". There are only two things that I don't particularly like. The Navigation/Stereo system is very cumbersome, and even with the upgrade map it lacks the detail that my Fords have. The second thing is that the heater is poor. It does work, but takes a very long time to start putting out heat. But the Butt warmer seats do a pretty good job. As far as I can see, I may just keep this car until I can't drive any more. The leather seats are like new, as is the entire car. So. anyone looking for a Toad, I can certainly recommend a 2014 CRV.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts