Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a family member considering purchase of a 2012 CRV Touring. I was wondering how forum members who own or have owned a 2012 feel about them? It has 100,000km on it but has meticulously been maintained. It would be expected to tow a golf cart and trailer on occasion. It can be cold up here.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I would love myself one. I had a 2008 which is the same model and I loved it to death. If the gearing on the 2.4 (?) is the same as in my 2.0 then it's not the best for towing. Hope the few additional torques from the extra 400cc help.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My wife has a 2014 AWD with 2.4 engine with 75,000 kms and it does great. No problems and I've towed little 4x6 utility trailer loaded down with < 1,000 lbs a few times. It works great but not too sure if I'd pull gross total weight > 1,200 lbs. re: Why over stress it when we have different vehicle - rated to tow 3,800 lbs.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,920 Posts
The CRV will be just fine. Buy it and enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
A lot depends on the total weight of the golf cart and trailer, and how well balanced the setup is. If, when connected, it sits level, and weighs no more than 1500 pounds, then you are probably okay, if it pulls straight and there is no wobble at speed. Stress on the vehicle also depends on towing distance, type of terrain covered, and amount of braking needed. If it is borderline, I'd consider a larger vehicle for the purpose. Unfortunately, I'm afraid most golf carts will exceed the weight limit.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
A quick Google search lists 900 to 1000 lbs as the weight of a golf cart.
Another search on trailer sizes for hauling a golf cart suggest you need a 5 x 10 trailer, which a third Google search suggests weighs in at about 780 lbs.
Which puts you over the maximum weight, when you also add the weight of the person driving the CR-V and any golf equipment you might include.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a family member considering purchase of a 2012 CRV Touring. I was wondering how forum members who own or have owned a 2012 feel about them? It has 100,000km on it but has meticulously been maintained. It would be expected to tow a golf cart and trailer on occasion. It can be cold up here.. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have 2012 CRV with about 65,000 miles. Only problems were resurfacing of rotors and new battery. Heater and AC are very good. Don't know about towing. Otherwise it is a very nice vehicle. If it was meticulously taken cared for, it should be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts