Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The June issue of Consumer Reports has a complete road test of the '17 CR-V. Unfortunately, the only way to read the full road test and data is on their web site, which requires a subscription. CR's criteria for rating a car often are not what I would use, but their tests are generally more unbiased than most other road test sources, and I'd like to see what they say.

Anyone with a CR subscription that has seen this? If so, is there any way to extract the article and put it in a PDF or whatever? FWIW, I'd pay to see this particular content, but it's not worth a $35 subscription to CR!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many local libraries offer free subscriptions for free to members.
Thanks. My library does this, but it's not really a full digital subscription. In any case, I had another reason to look up something on CR, so popped for the $6.95 single-month access and will cancel before it renews.

The full test wasn't as interesting as I'd hoped, and had some eye-rolling nit-picking as well (not enough padding in the armrests -- really?).

I also think that the knocks on infotainment systems in general are largely due to the short time that testers have to get used to the way things work. It's sort of like when you jump into an unfamiliar rental car and then have trouble figuring out how to turn on the wipers as you're tooling down the road. They've also been negative on the knob/joystick in my Mazda 3, which I find to be very convenient and better than trying to poke a touch screen while moving. In any case, after a learning period I'm sure I'll figure it all out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts