Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 CR-V EX. I just upgraded my phone from an iPhone 6 Plus to an iPhone XR. When I try to use the phone from the steering wheel button it shows the numbers but never syncs the names. This used to work fine with the old phone. Under Bluetooth/14AHU, it shows I have checked Sync Contacts, Phone Favorites, Phone Recents, and Outlook. I tried changing the last one to All Contacts, but it made no difference. I don't see any other settings in the phone that would make a difference.

Has anyone else run into this? I thought I'd check here before trying Apple because I feel I'll get quicker & better responses here.

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've tried everything I can think of and just spent an hour with Honda on the phone. We even reset to factory settings and it still doesn't work. Their answer is that they think the iphone xr is too sophisticated for the older radio and that maybe an Apple update in the future will resolve it. I'm not sure I totally buy that, still wondering if anyone else has run into this and has figured it out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 17 Touring. I switched from a 6 to a XR. My phone book is there but my favorites are not. I think
they have to be put in from the phone book using the radio.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I imagine a 2017 Touring has Car Play. Not sure if that makes a difference but the 2017 EX foes not.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I did some searching on the Honda US website and while the information was rather sparse, it does list the EX, EX-L, and Touring models as supporting CarPlay.

The Apple website has a lot more information about to configure your vehicle to connect to your phone. It also has a list of manufacturers that have CarPlay in their vehicles, and also has a list of aftermarket radio manufacturers that support CarPlay.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the CR-V can support Car Play, depending on the year. The 2016 EX, did not have Car Play available.

I also spent time on the phone with Apple yesterday. Everything they suggested had been tried with Honda already. The only other suggestion they had was to reset the phone to factory defaults. I’m not ready to go that far and set up all the apps again.

Looking through the forum here, I see a lot of folks having issues once they upgraded to an iPhone XR.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, the CR-V can support Car Play, depending on the year. The 2016 EX, did not have Car Play available. I see now that I mistyped my year,sorry.

I also spent time on the phone with Apple yesterday. Everything they suggested had been tried with Honda already. The only other suggestion they had was to reset the phone to factory defaults. I’m not ready to go that far and set up all the apps again.

Looking through the forum here, I see a lot of folks having issues once they upgraded to an iPhone XR.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it’s a year old, but I did the file upgrade to put CarPlay on the head unit and guess what? Using CarPlay the phone listing works correctly! I guess Honda or whoever makes their head units just doesn’t care if it works once you drive out of the dealer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts