Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 CR-V EX. I just upgraded my phone from an iPhone 6 Plus to an iPhone XR. When I try to use the phone from the steering wheel button it shows the numbers but never syncs the names. This used to work fine with the old phone. Under Bluetooth/14AHU, it shows I have checked Sync Contacts, Phone Favorites, Phone Recents, and Outlook. I tried changing the last one to All Contacts, but it made no difference. I don't see any other settings in the phone that would make a difference.

Has anyone else run into this? I thought I'd check here before trying Apple because I feel I'll get quicker & better responses here.

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I played with this for a while, deleted, and resync'd, same issue. Only now on the phone it's listed as HandsFreeLink instead of 14AHU. I went by Honda to ask them. They had me delete it and resync and nothing changed. A second service manager said it's a common issue and he felt eventually Apple will provide an update to correct it. ON the way home I got to thinking about that. Since it's the same IOS as the old phone, his explanation didn't make much sense. Then I noticed that even though the contacts don't show, it suggests a name from the top of my contacts list. That makes me feel that it is reading the contacts. In the meantime I'm going to update my Apple inquiry to see what they say.

If anyone has an idea, I'll try anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.