Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has an experience with either Continental ControlContact or TrueContact. I have a 2016 Honda CRV EX that needs new tires. Discount tires have both of these tires but to me they sound identical. ControlContacts are a Discount Tire exclusive model. I am looking for an all season tire that is good on snow but also comfortable. I have Michelin Defender M&S right now that I am going to exchange because these are an uncomfortable ride.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discount tires have both of these tires but to me they sound identical.
I don't have any experience with either of those tires, but I just want to make sure that you are comparing what you think you are.

Searching the Continental website for TrueContact and ControlContact, I found 3 choices (not 2) in the 225/65R17 size:

TrueContact
TrueContact Tour
ControlContact Tour

The differences I see is that the Tour tires are both heavier than the TrueContact by ~1.5 pounds and the warranty is 90K on the TrueContact, 80K on the TrueContact Tour and "Up To 80K" on the Control Contact Tour. I'm not sure what "Up To" means in a tire warranty.

However, searching by 2016 CRV-EX, they don't include either TrueContact tire in the results. I wonder why? In those results, the ControlContact Tour is listed as ControlContact Tour™ A/S Plus. I don't know what the Plus means, if anything.

Stranger still, searching by tire size, the TrueContact doesn't show up. The TrueContact Tour is listed but not the TrueContact. The ControlContact Tour™ A/S Plus is also listed - twice!

As confusing as comparing tires can be, you would think that a manufacturer's own website would provide consistent results regardless of how you search for a product.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Consumer Reports recently tested tires.....one of the test parameters is “Noise”.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,066 Posts
I usually get decision paralysis when it comes to tires.
However I've recovered from that disease and ordered up 4 Trucontact tour tires for my 16 Touring.

Was hoping that the OEM Dunlops (a pretty good tire just hideously expensive) would last until the end of summer but one has begun to lose the ability to hold enough air after 24 hours and its not going to save me any money finding the weak spot and getting it replaced.

·
Premium Member
2008 EX AWD
173 Posts
I don’t have experience with either or those models (but I do with other Continental models) but from reading on their website I’d choose these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,066 Posts
Barely put any miles on, but one thing I did do was recalibrate the TPMS to the tires. Very easy with a few touches of the system buttons on the bottom right of the steering wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.