Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really surprised when I was rotating my tires that they were down to 3/32 tread. These Continental Crosscontact tires were what was on the Honda CRV LX when bought new in June 2016. I called Honda and Continental and because these came with a new car the tire warranty is only for defects and not tread life which I was surprised. Needless to say I won't be buying new Continentals when I replace them. Has anyone else had inferior tread life with these tires?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't had my alignment checked or tires balanced. When I has at my dealer I asked him if he thought it could be an alignment problem, he said maybe, then I asked if that's covered on the 3 year bumber to bumber warranty and he said no, that alignments are limited to 12 months. I guess I should consider getting an alignment to hopefully have longer tire life on my next set.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
We had continentals on our 15 mdx and had a maint package for unlimited rotations n oil changes. We had it rotated every time we got oil changed which was overkill but they had like 80% life after 30k
Not sure if that was why but couldnt hurt lol

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I need to rotate our tires, but they look good ie you can't tell the fronts from the backs as far as wear goes, so I've been putting it off. I think the even wear on ours is attributable to not following the recommended air pressures. I keep ours up at 35 psi and so far so good. We're at 29k miles now and they look OK. The ride may be a little bit firmer but it feels better in turns and under braking. Like my alignment guy told me on my Accord. The recommended PSI's on the sticker are for ride and harshness, not tire longevity. I try to keep my Accord tires up at 40 psi as they are 45 series tires so tend to 'go away' ie wear out, in a hurry if set at the recommended pressures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts