1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The tires are either defective or not. Which is it? Get a second opinion from a different retailer. Please post pictures here of the 'side bubbles'. Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
13 v purchased used 14.5 k. Now has 2.8k and the continentals are gone. Not worn out but there was a roar when driving. Rotated didn't help other than move roar up front. Purchased Michelin Defenders and the roar is finally gone. The Continentals also had bulges in the side walls so they had to go.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just had the tires rotated at about 12,000 miles and I'm sure the dealer would have noticed bubbles in the sidewalls in an attempt to sell me new tires. The seem to ride just fine at highway speeds. No problem noticed.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,879 Posts
Purchased my '13 V brand new and now have the 27K miles on the original Continentals with no problems.

·
Registered
267 Posts
A friend bought a VW with Contis fitted as OEM. It pulled hard right with proper pressures and alignment. Had to toss those tires and buy non-Contis. Since then, I've never bought Contis.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tires Defect 8,000 miles

YES all 4 tires just the start of a defective tire. Maybe hard to see but if you run your hand around the sidewall of the tire you will feel a bulge or indentation. 2016 with Continental Cross Contact LX tires. 8,000 miles on car never hit pot holes.
MANY complaints about Continental Tires on the internet.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm really surprised reading about bad Conti tires. I'm on my third set of Conti Extreme Contact D/W tires on my Miata. Got over 50k miles on each set with zero problems. They are one of the favorite tires of "choice" for a lot of Miata owners.

But then again, these are a different size and model. Guess I'll stay away from the Conti's when it comes time for tires on the CRV.

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is very hard to see, you may need to lightly rub you hand around the sidewall to feel it. I walk down the street to a friend of mine that also has a 2016 CRV 8,900 miles on it. His too has it ALL four tires. Also wonder why Hyundai recalled there cars with the same tire only 235 not a 225.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
Hyundai is recalling 28 model-year 2014 Santa Fe vehicles manufactured November 5, 2013, through November 15, 2013, and equipped with P235/65R17 103T Continental Crosscontact LX tires. The tires may have a damaged sidewall, which could result in a separation between the belt edges--which could in turn cause tread detachment or rapid air loss and loss of vehicle control.

Hyundai notified dealers to suspend sales of affected Santa Fe Sport vehicles equipped with the P235/65R17 103T tires, and replace them with alternative tires. All affected vehicles were remedied prior to retail sale. Owners may contact Hyundai Customer Care Center at 1-800-633-5151 and may reference NHTSA recall campaign ID number 13V624000.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts