Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have been obtaining quotes to convert my 2002 CRV Sport 2.0ltr, my problem is i have been told the vehicle is not suitable due to having soft valve seats, is this true?, Does Honda sell a part to combat this?, i really need to get the conversion done as the fuel bill is killing me!

Any comments, information, advice gladly recieved.

Regards,
Simon

·
Registered
43 Posts
'Tis true alas, most gasoline engines are prone to valve seat damage when burning LPG without appropriate modification. A Google search turned up this site, which lists LPG conversion kits for Honda engines. For the 2.0 litre VTEC it advises the use of "Flashlube valve protection," a system that apparently uses fluid injection to cushion the seats. Worth exploring...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, there is a company willing to convert the vehicle and they also recommend the flash lube but i cant afford uncertainty and have to scrap the vehicle after a year or two!

If anyone knows of a manufacturer that produces a harder head for this vehicle please let me know.

Yours sadly,
Simon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts