Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to convert my xm to sirius? I have an 07 exl navi w/ built in xm. I need my Stern fix!!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Directed Electronics has released the Honda versions of their XM-to-Sirius converters this week. Search on their site for details and MSRP pricing. This is a somewhat costly way to provide Sirius with close to full functionality from your radio and steering wheel. It requires a small Sirius receiver and a converter. unit I believe that the XM module is in the back, so these would mount near the XM receiver unit. An additional purchase of a cable adaptor will let you use the XM antenna for receiving Sirius. You can have this clean install for around $200.00.

A cheaper solution would be to get a plug-and-play unit mounted from the dash or from the floor (seat bolt) fed into the aux input. For this option, all controls are on the unit. If you keep the radio on a channel or two (like stern 100), this isn't a large issue.

·
Registered
582 Posts
.. or just wait a few months - aren't they supposed to merge later this year?
As far as I know, that's still supposed to happen. However, I listen to Stern at least once a week and when something is going on at Sirius, he's usually blabbing about it frequently. So, maybe it's still way off from now...not sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where is the XM Tuner in the car?

Where would I find the XM tuner in the 2008 CR-V? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
190 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts