Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was doing some work on my 99 crv today because I had a weird issue when It would warm up I would get this weird jump/stutter in first gear when accelerating from a start. I saw that there was tranny fluid dripping from the fitting that comes out from the bottom of the rad, I tried to tighten it but the treads on the brass fitting were too worn, the nipple ended up breaking off but i was able to push the tranny hoes back on to the remaining fitting, in the process of pressing the hose onto the fitting, the fitting somehow got pushed in and started leaking a bunch of coolant, I pulled it back out and the leak stopped for the most part, but still remains a constant drip. Are these rad fittings meant to go in and out? or did i break something trying to push the tranny cooler hose on? I've attached a couple images because i know how confusing I sound atm XD.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I had a defective radiator that leaked a bit of coolant around one of the trans lines. It must have had a small crack there. Odd thing is it would only leak when hot, it wouldn't leak with just a pressure tester on it. The plastic must expand a bit when warm.

Unfortunately I think you are due for a new radiator. Those fittings should screw in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts