Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 CRV has about 5,500 miles on it.

Since new it has taken a very long time to warm up. And in the winter after driving enough to warm it up, the temperature gage readings go steadily down at idle in cold weather.

This is an issue when in traffic and it is snowing as the defroster is not effective.

In 20 degree weather after being fully warmed up, if left at idle the temperature gage will go to the cold peg after about 15 minutes.

The dealer is telling me that this is "normal". I am finding it unacceptable.

I sounds like the thermostat is not closing all the way when cold.

Does anyone else have experience in this?

Thanks,

Packard

·
Everything in Moderation
8,187 Posts
Look in the Gen5 area for extended discussions on slow warm-up and lack of heat at idle.

While this issue is common, it is not normal and Honda is rolling out parts to address it (in conjunction with the fuel dilution issue).

After doing your research here, call the dealer and ask that you be put on the list to have the TSB number applied.

In the meantime, drive your V in sport mode so that it will warm up faster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look in the Gen5 area for extended discussions on slow warm-up and lack of heat at idle.

While this issue is common, it is not normal and Honda is rolling out parts to address it (in conjunction with the fuel dilution issue).

After doing your research here, call the dealer and ask that you be put on the list to have the TSB number applied.

In the meantime, drive your V in sport mode so that it will warm up faster.
Thanks for that information. I will check that now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts