Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Has anyone heard of Corning Gorilla glass for windshields. I find it fascinating. I was wondering if this was available to Honda's. I have a 2017 CRV. And if not available, has anyone heard of any other ideas for strengthening protection for the windshield and windows. I had in mind protection against thrown objects such as is reported in the news sometimes that criminals/vandals throw objects from overpasses. I might extend the hypotheticals to include protection against carjackings and other thrown objects at the windows from the side. Thanks a bunch in advance.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Hi,
Has anyone heard of Corning Gorilla glass for windshields. I find it fascinating. I was wondering if this was available to Honda's. I have a 2017 CRV. And if not available, has anyone heard of any other ideas for strengthening protection for the windshield and windows. I had in mind protection against thrown objects such as is reported in the news sometimes that criminals/vandals throw objects from overpasses. I might extend the hypotheticals to include protection against carjackings and other thrown objects at the windows from the side. Thanks a bunch in advance.
there are very high cost laminated coatings for glass to make it stronger but if your in the US, any such coating on a windshield is illegal.

The stuff is meant for highly dangerous uses and much is illegal on standard passenger vehicles.

BUT the illegal point is only of concern if it's easy to spot when installed or if in a state that requires inspections.

But the limit is the extreme cost of the products and locating a company to install them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts