Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Requesting the correct oil specifications for the steering pump on my 2.4 CR-V as where we live I can't get the Honda oil as it is an import.
Can somebody please supply me with the correct specks i.e. API GL-5 or OHC150, or DEZTROSE 1 OR 2- the dealer informs me, over the phone,
to use any ATF that I'm not in favor of doing. Mercedes have a special oil for their transmission and I made a very costly mistake by using everyday ATF
Tanks all!:unsure:

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,789 Posts
Can't help you with exact specs, but in the USA, many aftermarket providers of Honda PS fluid sell a specific fluid 'just for Hondas". I'm sure that it is more than just "GL5" which is a transmission oil.

Since this is a worldwide situation, ask at an auto parts store in your country. Look for the Honda notation on the label. On the example below, it is just below the word FLUID. Otherwise, can you obtain it from an Ebay or Amazon vendor?

Let us know if you succeed.

Reactions: alfhoc

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't help you with exact specs, but in the USA, many aftermarket providers of Honda PS fluid sell a specific fluid 'just for Hondas". I'm sure that it is more than just "GL5" which is a transmission oil.

Since this is a worldwide situation, ask at an auto parts store in your country. Look for the Honda notation on the label. On the example below, it is just below the word FLUID. Otherwise, can you obtain it from an Ebay or Amazon vendor?

Let us know if you succeed.
View attachment 137934
Thanks
We don't have this brand in South Africa but I found an additive called WYNNS steering additive. I don't like additives but I must say that after I filled the reservoir this afternoon the pump is running a lot quieter.
I'll try e-bay for the correct fluid.
I really appreciate your assistance!
I did not do the plugs as they have to order them and will only be available tomorrow at 12$ US each. R216.00 in (South African currency R18,00=1$ US)

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Moving to Gen 3 Section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts