Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and thought I might get a tip on how I can reattach a loose end of wheel arch trim on my 2002 CR-V? The problem is there is nothing to attach it to...it came loose because it is rusted and corroded underneath. Is there a way to keep it down so it's not pulling off further from the wind at high speeds?
Thanks for any useful tips!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I recommend you post this in the Gen 2 Section for more responses. This Section is for introductions only, not vehicle issues. More folks should see it over there and will chime in. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,171 Posts
I'm moving the thread to the Gen 2 section. (You're welcome. :giggle: )

Regards your trim, if the attaching sheetmetal is rusted away, you only have hope to keep it attached. :rolleyes:

You could weld or glue a perforated metal strip behind it to grab the remainder of the sheet metal. Make sure you use a STRONG glue (like JB Weld), and that any applied surfaces are clean!

If the rust is on the front fender, best practice would be to replace it...

Once upon a time, larger, wider cladding was available as a dealer-installed option on Gen2 Vs...I know that @fishycomics had it on his. That would only be a Cover-Up, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts