Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 EX
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience returning Costco tires? I am not asking about road hazard issues or defects. I understand the time limit is 30 days (mile limit?). Can I bring the tires back to the store either mounted or in a cart?
Do they refund the installation cost? Do I need to give them a reason for returning?
Thanks, I couldn't find their specific tire policy online.

·
Registered
2017 EX
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Out of interest, which tires are you returning?
The factory Hankook tires are worn out at 37000. It seems the generous return policy could take the sting out of making the wrong decision and being stuck with tires I don't like.
The tire reviews seem like everybody has a different opinion. I also must consider that 30 day-old tires might not be the same after a year of use.
I am leaning to Michelin LTX A/S 235/60/18. I don't know if I want light truck tires however. I'm not towing or hauling.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The factory Hankook tires are worn out at 37000. It seems the generous return policy could take the sting out of making the wrong decision and being stuck with tires I don't like.
The tire reviews seem like everybody has a different opinion. I also must consider that 30 day-old tires might not be the same after a year of use.
I am leaning to Michelin LTX A/S 235/60/18. I don't know if I want light truck tires however. I'm not towing or hauling.
Ltx defender?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have Defenders on my 2015 Jeep GC they are great highway and warm weather tires. They are wearing extremely well and ride beautifully. The one downside I have seen here in WI is they aren't great in snow and ice. They are a harder tire and just don't grip that well once there is snow or ice. If I were driving somewhere where snow and ice are rare I would recommend them all day long.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have Defenders on my 2015 Jeep GC they are great highway and warm weather tires. They are wearing extremely well and ride beautifully. The one downside I have seen here in WI is they aren't great in snow and ice. They are a harder tire and just don't grip that well once there is snow or ice. If I were driving somewhere where snow and ice are rare I would recommend them all day long.
How odd...?

On my Jeep GC in ski resorts on unplowed roads, the Defenders were excellent! Gripped far better than I'd have expected and nearly as good as AT tires. They're not great on ice then no all season tires are.

If you live in WI you should have dedicated winter tires. For all season highway tires, Defenders are excellent - if you live somewhere thats freezing for 4+ months of the year, All Seasons aren't a good idea in winter.

Defenders ride great, wear like iron, are quiet, and confidence inspiring in all weather conditions - except ice...but see above.

The only real downside is that they're a heavier tire. I have them on the CRV and they're a good 4lbs heavier than the OEM Ecopias - price is about 1 mpg worse mileage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts