Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car today and the speedo meter stop working (tachometer still working) bah not a big deal I say to myself then I saw the ''D'' light flashing then I start to worry. I pull over and stop the car hoping the problem would be gone after restarting it. Unfortunately it was not the case so I drove back home. The transmission seem to be stuck in high gear as the acceleration was poor at low speed. I check the fuse (#15) and saw that it was burnt so I replace it and took the car for a ride. Everything work fine for 2 or 3 minutes the the same problem happen again. Went back home, check the fuse again and guess what...it was burnt. My guess is the vss need to be replaced but I just want to be sure that it cannot be something else.

CR-V 2001 awd automatic

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Do you have a trouble code?
Is it the 7.5a fuse in the under the dash fuse\relay box and labeled ACG (IG), SP Sensor?
Here is a youtube vid showing how to change the speed sensor on a 2006 Accord and it may be similar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPyHZ4QON44
I would sure try removing the connector to that sensor to make sure it is making good contact and visually inspect the wire itself to see if it is rubbing raw or getting pinched somewhere.
A bad speed sensor causes the same symptoms you had.
Hopefully someone who has experienced what you did will respond.

Buffalo4
PS: Get the code read. Some parts stores like AutoZone will read them for free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts