Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I have just completed the DIY project of upgrading my car stereo on my (European) 2008 CR-V.

Parts:
The unit I chose is the brand new (announced Aug 2018) Sony XAV-AX1000 which includes Apple's CarPlay (which was the primary factor for the upgrade).

To install the Sony, I purchased from eBay, the Connects2 CTKHD04 kit, which includes everything: fascia, cabling & steering control http://www.connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CTKHD04

The rear view camera: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01LSHNG2C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cables to connect the iPhone
a. Angled USB extension cable (you will need this because the 2nd lightning cable is not long enough to reach the cupholders position): https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M1KKLS7/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1
b. Lightning cable: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01MDQL3NT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Note that I have passed the cable inside CR-V's console and underneath the carpet, so it is completely hidden (note upper left & right photos).

Technical stuff:

CR-V Audio connections Wiring (European models only): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iS-FMANcdoFCESPk_JbthfKiNjXY-lK5

Subwoofer:
A word of technical caution: my CR-V is the Executive trim level, which has a factory installed subwoofer under the passenger seat (which has its own amplifier). So as to continue using the subwoofer you have to do the following:

From the green plug of the car you have to splice the PINK wire and connect it to the (+) wire of an RCA male plug
From the green plug of the car you have to splice the BLUE wire and connect it to the (-) wire of an RCA male plug
From the 20pin Grey connector of the car you have to splice the RED (B16) wire and connect it to the BLUE/WHITE wire of Sony's ISO connector (or any other system for that matter).

Bluetooth Accessory:
Also note that if your CR-V has Honda’s Bluetooth accessory (located on the driver's A pillar), there is an intermediate harness between the car's harness and the factory head unit. Remove it, it is not needed any more.

Camera:
I have routed the camera RCA & reverse signal cable from the driver's side (LHD) under the door sills and inside the weather sealing of the doors and passed it through the factory pipe that connects the body to the tailgate. Power was taken from the Reverse light from the left tail light (remember its LHD).
The camera is installed in-between the license plate lights by drilling a hole in the plastic in-between the license plate lights and passing its cable through one of the four holes that exist for the four clips (you just have to remove one of them).
Thanks for photos! Looks nice. May I ask you why you've chosen SONY?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I wanted Carplay and the Sony had it with the right price tag... It works and sounds fantastic!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi again!

so, a few weeks ago, the sound quality on calls starts to decrease until I had no sound at all.
ive reviewed all the connections and can’t find the problem.

Removed all the adapter that I bought and made a direct connection for the sub and amp.
Used a lot of tape to be sure that everything it’s in the place

I’ve also had a low quality in radio signal and to solve that I connect the blue cable of the radio harness to the blue/white cable.

I haven’t connect any of this 3

neither this pink

im going to post a video a little later of the sound.
I don’t know if it is a problem with the radio, the front speakers (tweeters) or the harness/connection. But it looks like when the mute in (from the call or from the voice gps) happens, only the tweeters are working.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So.. is it normal the front speaker have so low sound?
I really don’t know what should be my next step.

thank you for your time

regards from Portugal

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So.. is it normal the front speaker have so low sound?
I really don’t know what should be my next step.

thank you for your time

regards from Portugal
Hi, you are definitely having a problem: the front speakers should work as loud as the rear ones including the tweaters.Before messing with wires you should do a factory reset of your head unit. Before the problem started everything else (including the speakers) was working fine?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, you are definitely having a problem: the front speakers should work as loud as the rear ones including the tweaters.Before messing with wires you should do a factory reset of your head unit. Before the problem started everything else (including the speakers) was working fine?
I’ve already made a factory reset a lot of times .. and I’ve reviewed all the connections. I’m in doubt between a problem with the head unit or the harness. It’s improbable that both tweeters had a problem (i guess).
I’m going to try with another HU and then contact Connect2. Is it possible that the problem could be the amplifier?

regards

21 - 27 of 27 Posts