Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new to the site and quite grateful for any advice you could give.

I have a 2010 CR-V (love it) but just recently I have had some smoking coming from front offside when I am at traffic lights and when I pull away some smoking from the exhaust.
Now I had a bit of this on a peugeot diesel and thought it might be the DPF needing to be burnt off after lots of short journeys, so I did the same for this, drove at 50MPH for about 10 -20 mins.
That seemed to have done the trick, but I can't see that it is the case again as I have just done a really long journey and its doing it again.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
806 Posts
Have you changed the fuel filter at all? If it were me, I would start by changing the fuel filter and air filter. I change the fuel filter on my diesel truck every 20K.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Have you noticed your coolant levels start to drop? Normally white smoke=water, black=fuel, and blue=oil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On last check it was fine, will look at it tomorrow but didn't seem to be the problem. I thought it could also be head gasket but its intermittent.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For those interested, I took it to the Honda garage today and its the EGR that is leaking. Apparently not good! I've asked them them to change the fuel filter too, everything else is fine. Exhaust fumes in the car and I had no idea it was coming in as well. Ugh.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
For those interested, I took it to the Honda garage today and its the EGR that is leaking. Apparently not good! I've asked them them to change the fuel filter too, everything else is fine. Exhaust fumes in the car and I had no idea it was coming in as well. Ugh.
Glad to hear it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts