Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I really need some help determining if the CR-V will be right for me.

I was about to pull the trigger on a 2016 Subaru Forester. Unfortunately, I have been reading that people feel it is underpowered and many people have A/C issues. These issues happen when it is very hot outside or they are climbing a hill into higher elevation.

The reason this is a concern to me is I currently have a 2012 Honda Fit with the same exact problem. I live in Western Pennsylvania and when I take it in to the mountains during the summer the A/C just doesn’t blow cold enough. We also took it on a trip to South Carolina in July. It was so bad, I actually took it to a dealership to see if the A/C system had a leak. It did not. At highway speeds in 90 degree plus heat, it just can’t handle it.

So, my question is: If I have 4 adults and luggage in a CR-V and I decide to do the beach trip again or travel into high elevation in July, am I going to have the same issues?

I guess I’m concerned with the 4 cylinder. I have a 2011 3.5L Toyota Sienna that blows icicles out of the vents even at 100 degrees.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,681 Posts
If you are referring to a new CR-V, 2018 or 2019, my personal experience in the HOT desert of Arizona with an '18 Touring... it s very capable. Unlike the few Mazdas my family has owned over the years. They were not able to cool down the interior after sitting in the sun all day. The CR-V will cool the interior just fine.

I can't speak for current Mazdas, but the last one a family member owned was 2012 Mazda3.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 14 CR-V and let me tell you that thing will freeze you, in the summer and in the winter when it warms up will definitely warm you up, much better than the RAV4 I have. But I honestly have found that my older Mazda MPV and Nissan Pathfinder which had 6 cylinders seemed to have the best ACs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts