Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 CRV began behaving strangely yesterday. When i pushed the Start button, all kinds of flashing lights came from the dash and the engine wouldn’t turn over. Right away I think flat battery. Also when I push the Start button, i get kickback from the brake pedal. Never had that before. So, i tried to jump it and as soon as the last terminal was touched, the horn stated blasting. Then I removed the cables altogether and attached the boosters to the terminals for about 45 minutes. When I reattached the cables, the horn started up again. What can I do to reattach cables and not have my ears shredded? Thank you for suggestions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2018 CRV began behaving strangely yesterday. When i pushed the Start button, all kinds of flashing lights came from the dash and the engine wouldn’t turn over. Right away I think flat battery. Also when I push the Start button, i get kickback from the brake pedal. Never had that before. So, i tried to jump it and as soon as the last terminal was touched, the horn stated blasting. Then I removed the cables altogether and attached the boosters to the terminals for about 45 minutes. When I reattached the cables, the horn started up again. What can I do to reattach cables and not have my ears shredded? Thank you for suggestions.
Happened to me on Monday this week. When the horn starts, press the lock or unlock button on your FOB to stop it. By the way, I had to replace the battery as it was near dead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts